Friday, March 21, 2008

More Sleep Please!

Ok I don't know about you, but I'm definately not a morning person. I mean don't even try to talk to me until I've either had some coffee or breakfast. That being said I've always thought this must be the reason that I was blessed with kids who do not sleep! When Logan was a baby he was up every two hours. I know most newborns are, but I'm talking well into 6-7 months it was like that. I remember the first time he slept through the night he was 14 months old. He'll be four soon and he still gets up at night. OK I'm thinking that when Brooklyn comes I'm kinda used to this no sleep thing so I'll be ok. WEll not so much the case. Although I am a little used to it now, Brooklyn wakes up more often than Logan did! Anyway she's 16 months old now and just this week has started sleeping through the night, well 70% of the time. It's great! Although Logan still occasionally gets up and between the two of them I've still not had a full nights sleep (in like 5 years), I can still appreciate what I'm getting now. Being a mom is literally tiring! Now if I can just get them to not wake up with the roosters! I must have wonder kids who do not need much sleep to function. And yes I will be one of those mothers someday who tells her children "I hope your kids give you a taste of what it was like to raise you!" haha I remember my mom saying that...hey and I was a really good kid!

4 comments:

Letti said...

You poor thing. You would never know you weren't getting sleep either because you always look so refreshed. My kids are just the opposite. Cole will sleep in till about nine and then he will take a 4 hour nap.

Amelia said...

Being a mom is soo tiring! At least you get them to sleep in their own beds....we're still working on that :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, if it was easy being a mom the dads would do it.

The Norris Family said...

I too have the kids that function on hardly any sleep and wil NOT sleep through the night. we need to start a "children that don't sleep club"!