Thursday, July 10, 2008

New York












After 5 long well (actually they were kinda short) days we're home. The only reason I say long was well I was totally ready to come home to the kids! I missed them a lot. Rick and I had a great time though. New York was and wasn't what I expected. A lot of the stereotype are not true, people are very nice, fashion isn't like Sex and the City and the traffic wasn't any worse than here. But then a lot of things were just as I expected. The subway is just like in the movies, but cleaner. There are a ton of people walking at any given time, taxi cab rides are CRAZY, most of the city is always awake and the sights are amazing. All and all I loved it there, but would not live there (unless we had a ton of money) and was pretty grateful for our lives here in Cali. I think once a cali girl always a cali girl. The food was pretty good when we had time to eat, portions are huge! We must have walked 6 miles a day. Unless you go to SOHO shopping is the same and even there it's pretty much the same stuff as here. Well except the handbags, which well that's a whole other story/experience! So here are some pictures, I could go on for awhile. Just some of the things we did. Yankee game (my favorite part), central park, statue of liberty, empire state building, times square etc. these are just a few! Enjoy I'll post more later...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time. I bet your kids were so happy to see you. Hey what about Wicked? Did you love it? I think you need to post more details. And by the way... That is not the kind of respect you show to the best Statue of Liberty ever!!! Glad your back ;)

Letti said...

I am glad everything went well. It's neat that you were able to go to Yankee Stadium before it gets demolished. I love the Angel Statue of Liberty.

apee said...

I knew you all would love the Angels Statue you can order a small one online at MLB.com

blueifighter said...

Great pictures...sounds like you had a great time. Did you get a chance to use the city pass I told you about.