Monday, September 8, 2008

Deceptively Delicious?



Have you heard of this book or own it even? A friend was telling me his wife checked it out at the library and they love it. Written by Jerry Seinfeld's wife, it's all about cooking with puree vegetables so it tastes the same if not better and your kids won't even notice. I think I might get it, sounds good to me. My kids really do like veggies, we all do here. But why not sneak more nutrients into our foods, especially if it tastes great? I don't think it's a great alternative if you kids refuse to eat vegetables, only because if you have to sneak them in will they ever learn healthy eating habits? But whichever way I think about it I think it sounds like a healthy no harm there approach. What do you think? Anyone have it yet?

5 comments:

Letti said...

I don't have it but I have seen it and have looked through it. I think its a great idea and I have already been doing some of those things. I am always trying to sneek veggies in things but my kids are pretty good about eating them straight up. I saw it when it first came out on the Oprah Winfrey show. Since I can find any recipe on the internet I am pretty picky about recipe books so I will not be buying this one.

Anonymous said...

They have it at Target, and saw it on Oprah. I don't really need it to hide the veggies, but it does sound like a good way to make things even better for you. I don't know if I will buy it either. I need to hear good reviews from people I know, before I run out and get it. Let me know what you hear, or think.

Amelia said...

Yeah, Lynda told me about it after seeing it on Oprah...I would love to use some of her recipes! Let me know if you find a good one!! :)

apee said...

Maybe I'll check it out and make copies. But you're right letti I can probably get them online anyway. How cute is the cover though, I see it all the time but never looked through it.

Jessica said...

I saw her on Oprah, and supposedly the brownies that she makes with veggies in it are great, they said you can't even taste the veggies, weird combo but whatever it takes!