Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Termites


Yep we have them. No surprise though with a roof thats wood! Anyway they are coming today to put the big tent on. So we'll be out for a few days at my mom's. I never did like the way those tents look on a home. Don't know but for some reason when I drive by and see one I think yuck what a dirty bug infested house! So now it's our house and I'll be glad to get rid of all the pests. But did you know it kills everything but spiders? Apparently they hold their breath! Sick!

3 comments:

Dasha said...

It's good that you're doing something about it, though. EVERY house has termites, believe me. Every one of them, even brand new ones. The wood that is used to build new houses is already infested with termites. I wish we could tent ours, but i think it's kinda expensive, right? Yeah, one time we were tearing up our walls and opened up an old piece of plaster and saw like a million white nasty termites crawling around all through the walls. It was seriously THE sickest thing i've ever seen. We sprayed them, and covered them up with new drywall, but i couldn't sleep for like two days just imagining them crawling in the walls. Hey, at least, you will be termite free in a couple of days.

Amelia said...

I can't believe that spiders hold their breath. That's disgusting...I'm not surprised, our spiders out here live after being sprayed too! Somebody should invent some sort of guaranteed spider death spray!!! ...but, yay to no termites!

apee said...

so they screwed up and now they're not coming until thursday, but hey at least by sat. they'll be gone. 3 year guarantee. but yeah we have termite droppings in our dinning room!