Thursday, April 17, 2008

The House that Ruth Built


You may or may not know but Yankee's stadium will be torn down this year the the end of the season. It's the most famous stadium in baseball history and has been coined "The House that Ruth Built" The first game ever played there was on April 18, 1923, almost 85 years ago to the day. Anyway that being said Rick and I have decided to take a little 4 day trip to New York and see a Yankee's game. I'm really excited because I've never been to NY and we plan to see a Broadway play, which is something I have always wanted to do. Rick is super excited to see the stadium before demolition day. Tickets are sold out, but there are plenty on ebay and really who cares what seats we get!

2 comments:

Rowdy Family said...

What an awesome idea. You are going to have a little history field trip and you are going to fall in love with new york! we always eat our way through! we do a different culture every meal. The whole world is there. awww I am making my self NY sick :( I wanna go!

Anonymous said...

Me too! Can I tag along? LOL! You will love NY I have not been there in 6 years. When I was there last it was 2 months before 9/11. I am so glad I got to see it before. Bobby and I really want to go together. Have fun.