Friday, April 18, 2008

#1 Decorating No NO




Today the kids were napping and I was getting some much needed down time. So I turn on my favorite channel (HGTV) and veg out. Just so happened that the show "25 worst decorating mistakes" was on. I like these kind of shows, mostly because I like to see other people's really bad decorated houses! I was feeling pretty good when the show was all the way to number 2 and I hadn't made even one of the mistakes previously mentioned. Then the number UNO mistake starts and not only am I an offender, but I am in a huge way. FAKE FLOWERS/PLANTS. OMG I can't believe this! So I start looking around my house and realize that I have 11, yes 11 fake flowers/plants all around my house. I get up, start looking around and think "Do people come over and think wow fake flower overload!" I remember my sister once saying "You like fake flowers huh?" I didn't think too much about that comment except yeah, I do. Now I'm thinking that I need to banish a few and problem is, I really like them all. But here's the deal, I'm going to try and replace some of these with different things and yes maybe a real life plant! ANy ideas? Here are just a few of my offenders, and I have to say parting will be such sweet sorrow!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

With everything else that we have to take care of..who really has time for live plants. Besides they look great! I love your decorating, I want to go house shopping with you, which reminds me, where did you get the canisters in your kitchen?

Amelia said...

Honestly Ape...I totally have fake plants too...and you'll be happy to know that I just counted...and I have 16 offenders!! You're not alone girl! :) haha...

Anonymous said...

April maybe I never noticed the fake plants because I am from the south and people in the south love their fake plants. I honestly think that they key is the flowers must look real! If they do not look real then toss them.