Tuesday, May 19, 2009

{Stress}

Now that Logan is 5 there is a whole new can of worms that has opened. Logan's dad wants to fly him up to San Francisco to visit. Maybe I'm taking this too far, but my heart is aching over this. And this is the only reason I didn't want Logan's 5Th bday to roll around. There have definitely been challenges with our "situation" but all and all things have been smooth and I feel pretty lucky. I cannot tell you the stress I have about putting my child on an airplane without me or anyone that I trust and know for that matter. To make things worse Logan is terrified of flying alone and no matter what I say, offer or do I cannot ease his fears. I keep picturing him on the airplane while it takes off alone and crying and it makes me cry! Am I wrong to think he is too young for this? Or that since he doesn't want to he shouldn't have too? His dad seems to think so and completely plans on making this happen. He says "Logan needs to get used to it" Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know, but this has been bothering me so much. I guess this is something that comes with the "territory" but I needed to sorta journal it to maybe feel better because at this point I'm scared and am thinking that when the times comes I will just buy a ticket and fly with him?

6 comments:

The Norris Family said...

aaron needs to realize how traumatic this is going to be on logan. poor little guy! i completely agree with you...he's too young!

Jessica said...

I think he is too young, but I do know that the airlines take really good care of the lil guys traveling alone. I just know how scared I am to fly alone and I am 30!!! Eventually your probobly going to have to do it, but I agree that 5 is just too young, I mean how many times has he even been on a plane WITH someone in his 5 short years?!?

apee said...

I think we have flown 5 times with him thus far. He is still a little scared with us there. I am also afraid of flying Jess. I talked with someone last night who really made me feel better. Her son went alone at age 6 and had a great experience. I'll hope for the best when the time comes...

Letti said...

I don't think I could even send Chase now and he is 13. I think you need to have a talk with his Dad and explain the situation to him. Have you asked Logan anything? I just think that 5 is too young to send him on an airplane all by himself. Aren't there some sort of guidelines for this through the state? I would look into that.

apee said...

5 is the guideline isn't that insane?

Dasha said...

I completely agree with you. It would be different, i suppose if he was ok with it and wanted to do this, but he doesn't and it's not right to put him through this. Aaron's being selfish and unreasonable. I think that Logan's wishes should definetely be considered since he is old enough to decide now. I would so feel the same way if i had to put Lana on a plane by herself. I wouldn't be able to exhale after doing something like that for the whole duration of the flight. I think that you should wait to do this until Logan says he's ready.