Friday, January 30, 2009

No Bake Cookies!


I'm sure you all remember these. They are my mom's favorite and after talking about them yesterday I gave it a whirl. If you love something yummy and easy these are for you. It takes maybe 10 mins! Here's the recipe:

2 cups white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cups rolled oats
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup powdered chocolate drink mix

DIRECTIONS
In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, combine the sugar, salt, butter and milk. Bring to a boil, then boil for 1 full minute. Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter, oats, vanilla and chocolate drink mix. Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let stand until completely cool.

4 comments:

Letti said...

I have not had these in forever. I actually forgot about them. I am so glad that you posted them. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

apee said...

Letti I think they turned out a little too sweet. I tried this recipe because it uses chocolate drink mix I used ovaltine, but maybe less sugar next time. They weren't as crunchy as I like either.

Amelia said...

Looks good! I've never even heard of them! Maybe we'll try to make them this weekend!

Dasha said...

these look really good, i wish they didn't have pb in them though, none of us like it, hmm wonder if it can be substituted with something else...